Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Site of Bosingak Belfry in Jonggak, Seoul


The first thing we did when we landed in Seoul was check out the cool places (quite obviously) near us. But who would have actually thought that the hotel my husband reserved was actually near to so many historical sites (and they are absolutely within reach!). As a first treat for a history buff, I was welcomed by Seoul with its own historical belfry.

It was perfect timing when we decided to check the belfry. The local administration (I guess you can say) has just started their little cultural show. The beating of a drum can be heard meters away as the Korean guards dressed in their national costumes (I think) marched towards the front part of the building. A recorded narration was played for the 'instant' audience. It described the historicity of the place as well as the value of belfry -- delivered in English, Korean and even in Chinese! Spectators just popped out their cams and approached the guards as very close as possible. I was one of them too. But I think I was just too bold when I went past the guard. (cringes lol)

The admin told me that we were only allowed to take photos of belfry from the outside of the building (which I did).

After that, I asked the guard if I can take his picture together with yours truly.

Fun fun fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment